Sunday 25 September 2011

Beliefs and Values


Mission Statement



"Create a joyful and loving environment where self esteems blossom and the seeds of tomorrows dreams are planted"




Values & Beliefs





  • I believe that it is vitally important for children to have a healthy self esteem in order to learn.


  • I believe teachers can assist in the growth of a healthy self esteem by creating a classroom environment where individuality is encouraged, embraced and celebrated.


  • I believe teachers should encourage children to have belief in their thoughts & feelings, and have the courage to express them openly and honestly.


  • I believe that if a facilitator teaches in a respectful, loving and nurturing manner it will motivate learners to be respectful, loving and nurturing teachers in everyday life.


  • I believe teachers need to inform students that they are uniquely special in this world and they are the only ones that can offer, what they can offer in this world


  • Teachers should encourage creating and play as this brings a sense of happiness to the student and can help lead them into a discovery of self purpose.


  • Teachers should ensure children reflect on the impact their actions have on other people and the environment.


  • Teachers can motivate children to learn if they understand the purpose/ outcome of what they are learning.


  • I believe that a classroom should be a visual treasure box of a Childs learning achievements and productions


  • I believe teachers should use nature wherever possible to facilitate teaching, in order for children to understand that they are part of nature and that it should be appreciated and respected.


  • I believe teachers create a structured learning environment where within children can set their own goals which will help aid in their future independence.


  • I believe that content should be taught in a way that the students can relate to.


  • I believe teachers should be warm, approachable and enthusiastic


  • I believe it is important that teachers make sure their students feel cared for by acknowledgment, eye contact and an awareness of their personality.


  • I believe that by organizing group and community activities children can gain necessary skills to be effective communicators and listeners. This will lead them to feel involved and purposeful in society.


  • I believe the entire staff body should enforce all school policies without being swayed.


  • I believe teachers should inform students that thoughtful and respectful communication with other people will make the road to achieving their dreams a more rewarding and positive experience


  • I believe that teachers should continue teaching after an academic result (whether it be a ‘pass’ or ‘fail’) so the student is aware that a ‘result’ is just the beginning of a new learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment